2022 Summer Junior A Development League
*** 2022 DEVO LEAGUE INFO TO BE ANNOUNCED IN EARLY 2022 ***
South Suburban Sports Complex & Family Sports Center
$TBA per player
The Colorado Summer Junior A Development League is designed to give current high school aged players, and those players looking to play beyond high school, the chance to hone their skills and keep fresh over the summer in a fast, fun, risk-free environment. Play with your friends, play with your opponents or even play against your current teammates, all the while improving your skills and developing your creativity, goal scoring and playmaking abilities.
In this no-contact environment, players will learn leverage, body positioning, creating time & space and puck protection while the vast amounts of open ice will provide additional puck on the stick time which will improve player creativity, puck skills and ice awareness.
- Rosters - 15 skaters, 2 goalies
- Equal ice time for ALL players
- 16 league games plus playoffs - ALL teams make the rapid-fire playoffs
- 8 week long season, 2 games per week
- Assigned coaches to each team
- Players sign up as individuals from which teams are drafted
- 2 certified Colorado referees per game
- Game Times – Two 30-minute run-time periods
- All current Colorado high school aged students are eligible
- Fast-paced, puck movement, rub-out style hockey - No boarding or open ice hits
- Increased puck time = increased off-season skill development!
- League standings will be kept, but individual stats will not
- One-day, rapid fire League Playoffs on Saturday, August 7
All Players will receive:
- Jr. A Development League team jersey
- Custom Devo League hat
- Custom Devo League t-shirt
All league games will be held at either the South Suburban Sports Complex in Littleton, or Family Sports Center in Englewood, see addresses below:
South Suburban Sports Complex
6901 S Peoria St
Englewood, CO 80112
All birth year 2001-2005 players, who are rising sophomores or older in school, and that are currently playing Junior A/B, High School varsity, or Midget AAA/AA hockey are eligible. All players who submit an online registration will be vetted prior to Acceptance into the league. Once accepted you will receive an official Acceptance email to notify you of your selection.
Game Times & Schedule:
All weekday games will be held between the hours of 5:55pm and 10:20pm, and all weekend games will be held between 10:45am and 9:30pm. The full, confirmed summer league schedule can be viewed below (this schedule shows game times only - teams will be added later based on final registration numbers).
Each team will participate in 2 games per week between June 12 and August 6. All games will be 75 minutes long and consist of a 5-minute warm-up and two (2), 30-minute running time periods. All games will be refereed by 2 certified refs and will play according to USA Hockey Junior rules. That being said, for the safety of the players, we will be playing normal icing rules, not hybrid icing rules utilized at the Junior level.
Each team will be assigned a coach to run the bench for all games during the summer session.
All registered and accepted players will be randomly assigned to a team prior to the start of the event. For example, the total number of AAA players will be added up, sorted alphabetically, and then assigned to each team in a 1, 2, 3 fashion. After that the same protocol will be used to assign the AA players, then the High School Varsity players and then the High School JV players.
It is in the best interest of the league, and the players, to provide even teams, and to promote the highest level of competition as possible. That being said, and in the spirit of the league, we are allowing small groups of friends to sign up and play together*.
Each team will consist of 9 Forwards, 6 Defenseman and 2 Goaltenders with equal ice time afforded to all players in every game. Assigned team rosters will be published on Friday, June 4.
* To make a request to play on the same team, all players in the group must add the names of the players in said group into the Team Request field on their individual registration forms. We will do our best to accommodate all requests, but, to ensure parity, we cannot place more than 5 players from one group on the same team.
The league will utilize USA Hockey Junior hockey rules for all games. Please see official League Rules page for more details.
This is rub out hockey only. We will be talking to the kids the first day, and coaches will be reminding players weekly. This is off season hockey where we can keep our feet moving and enjoy the game without getting hurt. If there are kids pushing the physical play they will get a warning from the officials first, but if it continues the player will be removed from the game, and then the league, without refund.